Ramen Noodles 270g
Ramen Noodles 270g
About This Product
Ramen are thin, Chinese-style noodles made from organic soft wheat. They have a slightly chewy, pleasing texture and are suitable for hearty dishes.
Introduced from China in the late-19th century, ramen noodles have been modified and are now fully adopted as Japanese favourites. They are particularly popular among young people.
Ramen are often added to a hot chicken or pork broth with various toppings, such as sliced pork, seaweed, kamaboko, scallions and even corn. Great for Stir Fry.
Boil for 4 minutes for soups and salads
Boil for 3 minutes for stir-fries
Vegan Miso and Shiitake Ramen
Serves 2 adults
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 mins. Add the mushrooms, ginger and miso paste, stir for another minute and slowly add the vegetable stock and simmer for 15 mins on a low heat.
2. Pan fry the tofu pieces until crispy on both sides and set aside.
3. Bring a small pot of water to the boil and add your Hakubaku organic ramen noodles and cook for up to 4 minutes. Remove the pot from heat.
4. Divide your noodles into two bowls and pour the broth on top. Top with crispy tofu, carrot ribbons, chopped spinach, snow peas and mushroom. Serve with sesame seeds, soy sauce or chili garlic sauce.
Ramen Soup with Miso and Squid
Serves 4 adults
Do you call it squid or calamari? Either way it's delicious.
1. Cut the squid tubes in half lengthways.
Place skin side down, make shallow cuts with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern on the surface, 1 cm apart.
Then cut into 2.5 cm pieces.
Repeat with the remaining tubes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over a medium heat in a large heavy based pot add the onion, stir with a wooden spoon and cook until translucent for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, followed by the chilli and continue to stir.
3. Pour the chicken stock into the pot followed by the miso paste and vinegar, bring to the boil then lower the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes and then add the squid. Place the prepared ramen noodles and then drop in the spinach leaves for one minute only.
4. Using metal tongs, divide noodles evenly between 4 bowls, followed by the squid and spinach, then pour the miso broth on top of each and garnish with the dried shallots and coriander leaves.
5. Serve immediately.
Hot Smoked Trout & Ramen Noodle Salad
Serves 4 adults
Make sure you don't eat all of the hot smoked trout before you assemble the salad - you won't regret it!
1. Cook the noodles as per the packet directions, drain and place in a large bowl.
2. Mix half the sesame oil, Kecap Manis and red wine vinegar together and mix through the noodles, cover and refrigerate for a minimum 45 minutes.
3. 10 minutes before serving add the tomato, cucumber and sesame seeds, flake the trout into small pieces and add to the dish.
4. Mix the remaining sauce of sesame oil, Kecap Manis and red wine vinegar and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
|Servings Per Pack: 3||Serving Size: 90g|
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which Sugars||0.3g|
|of which Saturates||0.3g|
Organic Wheat Flour 97%, Salt 2%, Mineral Salts (500, 501), Water.
About This Brand
“Kokumotsu” means “Grain” in Japanese. In view of our corporate history and our determination to keep providing the ideal diet, we define ourselves as “The Kokumotsu Company”. We continue to deepen our knowledge on grains and realize “The Kokumotsu Company” through providing new innovations in grain products and processing technology.
Hakubaku deploys various grain businesses in order to offer healthy and rich dietary lifestyle from staple foods and leading world grains. We strive to develop and improve the function and taste of grains so that more people will enjoy, and explore different flavors of grains loved by future generations.
Information, statements, and reviews regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Results vary person to person, and there is no guarantee of specific results. Sprout Market assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.