Vegan Matcha Brownies by: @run2food
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of matcha powder
- ¼ cup of desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup of almond mylk
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
White chocolate topping:
- ½ cup of cacao butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of cashew butter
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of almond mylk
- Preheat the oven to 160 ℃/ 320 ℉. Line a square baking tin with non-stick baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients until mixed
- In another bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and use a spatula to fold until a thick batter has formed
- Transfer the batter into the baking tin
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a knife insert comes out clean
- Remove from over and allow the brownies to COMPLETELY COOL before making the topping
- Make the white chocolate topping whisking together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the topping over the brownie
- Storage: in a airtight container for up to 5 days
About these ingredients
It is made entirely of pure green tea leaves that are stone ground into a delicate but densely nutritious bright green powder. It is filled with so much green goodness that it has up to 137 times the antioxidants. One serve is the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regular green tea.
This Shredded Coconut is certified organic and sulphite free product that is a rich source of the antifungal and antimicrobial Lauric Acid, along with plenty of dietary fibre.
This sustainable answer to sweetener tastes like raw or brown sugar, only yummier. The crystallized nectar of the palm tree blossom is harvested then evaporated and crushed into a unique, unbleached sugar alternative. It can be substituted into any dessert, baking or other recipe, or can be used in your morning beverage for a sweet fix.
Coconut oil full of health-giving properties and has delicious taste. One of the reasons we love using it is because of the high smoke point, making it the perfect oil to use in your cooking.
It is packed with natural vitamins and minerals thanks to the traditional processing methods that protect the flavour and the nutrients.
Cacao Butter is the edible natural fat of the chocolate bean, cold pressed to retain its nutritional properties and exquisite natural aroma and flavour.
Cashew Butter uses certified organic cashews, lightly roasted then ground with a ‘wee bit of sea salt’ to bring out its distinct, rich flavour. It’s great as a spread, sauce and baking ingredient. High in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to assist the body function.