Vegan Chili Recipe by: @isobelcollins
This chili is sure to keep you satisfied with nourishing spices and hearty vegetables. Serve it on your favourite grain for a complete meal.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small – medium carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 corn (you want the kernels)
- 1 can diced/chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans adzuki or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- ½ - 2 tbsp. chilli powder (depending how spicy you like it!)
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil until translucent and soft.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, celery and corn and stir until tender (about 5-8mins).
- Add the can of tomatoes, ketchup and beans and stir to combine.
- Add in and stir through the cumin, chilli powder and cayenne pepper. Turn down to low heat and let the mixture simmer uncovered until it thickens for around 10 – 20 mins.
- Serve alone or with rice, quinoa, guacamole, cashew sour cream or even corn chips!