Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
I don't think a lot of non vegans out there have a clue that vegans also can enjoy pancakes. There's no need for eggs or milk when making everyone's favourite Sunday brunch. I can guarantee your pancakes will turn out perfectly fine (if not better) only using ingredients from the plant kingdom.
Blueberry pancakes are a classic and my personal favourite. The next recipe will give you a fluffy and delicious pancake tower with blueberry surprises in every bite. The secret ingredient for some extra fluff is kombucha. Believe it or not but it does do some kind of magic to the pancakes.
Now, let's make some pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 mashed banana
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp kombucha (I used ginger kombucha)
- coconut milk (add enough for a runny consistency)
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then add in the mashed banana together with the liquids. Whisk well and make sure you get rid of any lumps.
- Stir in all of the blueberries.
- Make the pancakes oil free by using a good nonstick pan, otherwise a little bit of coconut oil will help them not stick to the pan.
- Cook the pancakes on the pan for aprox 2 min on each side and build your tower as you go.
Check out more delicious recipes and vegan tips from Ida on her website here