Raw hemp protein brownies by Chef Guy Turland at Bondi Harvest
Perfect for the silly season, here’s a little-bit-naughty, omegas and protein packed treat
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup HEMPLE RAW
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 2 shots spiced rum
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tbs mix of macadamia nuts and goji berries
- 2 tbs cacao nibs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup 100% cocoa
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking paper.
- Soak your dates and spiced rum together for at least 10 minutes, then place in a food processor with Hemple raw hemp seed protein and process until combined, for about 5 minutes.
- Add almond meal, cocoa, vanilla bean, lemon rind and continue to process until combined and sticky, fold through macadamia nuts and cacao nibs then transfer into prepared tin, patting down with wet fingers so the mix is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or place it in the freezer for 15 minutes if you're impatient.
- To make chocolate topping, melt coconut oil, sift in cacao powder then add maple syrup and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour topping over brownie mix and refrigerate for 10 minutes, then garnish with a sprinkle of bee pollen and some fresh lavender flowers to really impress :)
Hemple is committed to bringing you the highest quality Australian owned and grown hemp seed products. They guarantee no chemical extractions or synthetic additives, just real foods and simple, natural goodness.
Their omega-rich cold-pressed hemp seed oil has a nutty buttery flavour, over 1mg of plant based omega 3 in every 10mL serve and 40% less saturated fats than olive oil.
Hemple's proteins and superfood blends offer bioavailable, vegan-friendly protein in every serve, with all essential amino acids, plus omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids promoting heart health and overall wellbeing. If that wasn’t enough Hemple naturally contains magnesium, iron and zinc supporting a healthy diet and helping you feel your best.