Raw Berry and Chocolate Torte
Raw Berry and Chocolate Torte by: Lee Holmes
If you want to make friends, this tantalising torte is a sure-fire way to do it. Who could resist a rich, chocolatey dessert that is completely guilt-free? You and your new best friends will be bursting with bliss after just one bite.
- 175 g (6 oz/11/2 cups) raw walnuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 155 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) raw, unsalted cashews
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 115 g (4 oz) cacao butter, grated and melted
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, or 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons additive-free coconut milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mixed berries, plus extra, for decorating (optional)
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with filtered water and soak for 2 hours. Drain.
- To make the base, place the walnuts in a food processor and blend until they are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Place the coconut oil and dried berries in the food processor and blend. Add to the walnut mixture and combine well.
- Press the mixture into a 20 cm (8 inch) springform cake tin and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spoon the filling over the top.
- Chill for 2 hours in the fridge, or 1 hour in the freezer, until set. Scatter over the extra berries before serving.
- This will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge, or 2 weeks in the freezer.