Pumpkin Seed Clusters
Bite-sized clusters of heaven. Crunchy, a little chewy and sweet. Accidently came up with these when I was looking for toppings to my raw pumpkin pie , and then had to recreate them for easy, quick snacks! A great way to get in nutritious zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron, fibre, healthy fat-containing pumpkin seeds and antioxidant-rich goji berries. Enjoy 2-3 for morning tea or a post-dinner treat.
For: 20 - 22 clusters
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp goji berries (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon sprinkled
- Pinch sea salt
- Heat the maple syrup in a small saucepan, over medium heat, until liquid and foamy. Approx 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add in the vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt. Use a spatula to combine.
- Pour in the pumpkin seeds and goji berries (if using) and stir to coat well.
- Bring the heat back to medium and heat for a further 2-3 minutes, until bubbly again.
- Stir, leave it for another 2 mins and then remove pan from heat.
- Allow to stand for approx 30-60 mins in the pan. The mixture should become sticky.
- Ensure your hands are slightly damp, and use your finger tips to "cluster" the seeds into bite-sized pieces. Don't get to handsy with them! Best to pick them up and place the cluster onto a plate, pushing down to mould.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving or store in an airtight container in the fridge.