Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes by: kbsugarfree
You guys already will know that I am quite obsessed with putting veggies in my desserts and one of my favourites would have to be pumpkin – it’s just so versatile in both sweet and savoury dishes. The classic pumpkin pie is always something I’ve wanted to re-create too, because I just don’t think it should be limited to a) Christmas and b) a sugar, gluten and dairy filled option.
Now, the recipe. Some particular ingredients worth noting:
- Amazonia Slim & Tone RAW Protein (Vanilla & Cinnamon)Activated Almonds (2die4 Live Foods)
- Not only does it add nutritional benefits, but it also adds a delicious, creamy flavour to these cheesecakes.
- The Raw protein is devised from a formula including bio-fermented pea and brown rice protein which has undergone extensive research to deliver a product that is prebiotic, enhanced with living, raw enzymes, vegan, alkalising, certified organic and FREE from wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, GMOs and nuts. It has a complete amino acid complex, is gentle on the digestive system and the Raw devised formula ensures optimal absorption and bio-availability of the seriously important nutritional benefits!
- HIGHLY recommended for vegans
- These almonds undergo soaking process that deactivates phytates, followed by a long, slow dehydration that keeps the delicate nutrients intact, meaning, more flavour and nutrition.
When making this cheesecake theres no tips or tricks, its simple steps because that’s how I know the majority of us cook (myself included).
NOTE though (and only because I hate starting a recipe and then finding this step half way through) you NEED to put the coconut cream and milk in the fridge 24HOURS prior to starting! That’s the only prep :)
- 1 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut cream (make sure it's set over night)
- ¼ cup Amazonia RAW Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Caramelised Pumpkin Skins:
- Leftover pumpkin skins
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- HOURS BEFORE: put coconut cream in the fridge to solidify the natural fats (and to get the creamy consistency)
- HOUR BEFORE: Steam pumpkin and allow to cool completely before using.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor.
- Line cup cake moulds with baking paper/cup cake liners.
- Press mixture into moulds and then place in the fridge/freezer to harden before adding the filling.
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Add the filling mixture to the moulds (after the bases have set) and return to the freezer.
- Thinly slice pumpkin skins, place in a bowl and evenly cover with Rice Malt Syrup + a combination of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon spices.
- Add coconut oil to the pan, allow to heat for about a minute and then add pumpkin skins to pan.
- Cook until starting to caramelise.
- Lastly add shredded coconut until coconut browns.
- Top cheesecakes once they have cooled, return to freezer until ready to serve!