Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Biscuit Pie
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Biscuit Pie: by @aveganfeed
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 castor sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine flax or chia with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside for five minutes to thicken, this is an egg replacement.
- Mix vegan butter, sugars and vanilla together with a spoon until mixture is well combined and turns pale, and is thick and fluffy.
- Add the non-dairy milk, flour, peanut butter and ‘egg’ mixture and mix until well-combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and briefly mix to evenly combine.
- Place the mixture in a 22cm diameter tin or pie pan greased with oil or vegan butter. Bake at 180C for approximately 35 minutes or until well browned and the inside is cooked.
Serve warm with vegan icecream or leave to cool and enjoy.
- Ground flax or chia can be achieved at home by grinding whole seeds in a food processor until fine.
- Substitute chopped vegan chocolate if chocolate chips are not available.
You can find more of Morag's vegan desserts at @aveganfeed