Over the Rainbow Salad with Tahini and Lemon Dressing by: Lee Holmes
For a healthy spin, combine any raw veggies in this kaleidoscopic feast for a completely balanced meal. It’s easy to throw together and deliciously healthy. The tahini and lemon dressing tastes so much better than any pre-packaged dressing you would buy in the grocery store, and it takes a nanosecond to prepare.
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small beetroot (beet), thinly sliced
- or spiralised
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/2 cup) shredded
- purple cabbage
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed and diced
- 1 yellow capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed and diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or spiralised
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced into wedges
- sprinkle of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- handful of bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to garnish
Tahini and lemon dressing
- 135 g (43/4 oz/1/2 cup) tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a bowl and carefully mix together.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl with 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) of filtered water and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add more filtered water, if required.
- Dress the salad, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Supercharged Tip: For a cheesier dressing, add 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes. If you love soy, this salad can be garnished with cubed fresh, organic tofu, marinated in wheat-free tamari for 5 minutes and fried in a small amount of coconut oil on all sides until crispy.
About these ingredients
This creamy spread is rich in minerals, a great source of calcium and can assist in balancing out female hormones.
These seeds may be small but they are filled with nutrients including magnesium, copper, protein and zinc. Sprinkle them on salads, add into your baked good to get your healthy dose of fats and added nutrients.
A natural sweetener that contains zero calories. It is extracted without the use of chemicals then carefully blended with distilled water and the most natural preservatives available.
100% natural and chemical free, containing minerals and natural trace elements essential to the body's daily needs.
Coconut oil full of health-giving properties and has delicious taste. One of the reasons we love using it is because of the high smoke point, making it the perfect oil to use in your cooking.