Monster Muesli Slice
Monster Muesli Slice
It can be hard to find a good quality muesli bar that isn't loaded with added sugar and strange ingredients you have never heard of, that's why we prefer to make our own.
- 1.5 cups oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut (shredded or dessicated)
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 4 heaped tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp vitality greens
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Method (Makes 12)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small pan, carefully stir together the coconut nectar, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth and liquid. Be sure not to overheat.
- Once liquid, pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to mix them together until everything is well-combined and fully coated.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and scoop the mixture on top.
- Using your hands, firmly press the mixture into the tray, especially the corners, until a uniform “block” appears.
- Place the tray into the freezer for at least 3 hours to firm, before slicing into bars. Store in the freezer or fridge, depending on desired consistency.
About these ingredients:
Oats don't get much more old-fashioned, or delicious, than Bob's Red Mill. And these oats are packed full of health benefits and nutrients. Oats are known to reduce risk of heart disease and stroke by lowering cholesterol naturally and safely, reduce blood sugar levels and keep you feeling satiated, which can help you manage your weight.
Almonds tend to be a favourite nut for many and we can see why. They are full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Making them the perfect snack or addition to your cooking.
These seeds may be small but they are filled with nutrients including magnesium, copper, protein and zinc. Sprinkle them on salads, add into your baked good to get your healthy dose of fats and added nutrients.
Handmade from fresh coconut blossom nectar, this Coconut Syrup is more nutritious than any other sugar syrup option. With a warm toffee flavour, it's delicious on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream, in smoothies and hot drinks or as a glaze.
Coconut oil full of health-giving properties and has delicious taste. One of the reasons we love using it is because of the high smoke point, making it the perfect oil to use in your cooking.
These little seeds are much more than meets the eye. They are very versatile and can be eaten both in sweet and savoury dishes. Sprinkle, bake, soak and more! They are an excellent source of omega-3, fiber, iron and calcium.
Vital Greens is an easily absorbed, carefully balanced blend of essential nutrients, extracted from natural dense vegetables and fruits along with probiotics, herbs, vitamins and minerals. Just two teaspoons daily delivers 76 vital ingredients, filling your tummy with probiotics, prebiotics, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and fibre.