Creamy Homemade Almond Milk
You can make your own almond milk in minutes and with very minimal ingredients without the added oils, sugar and thickeners.
If you are like us you use almond milk in pretty much everything ranging from cereal, tea, baking and the list goes on. Where the boxed milk variety is very convenient it is nice to switch it up sometimes and make your own for a different, nuttier tasting milk.
- 1 cup raw organic almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3.5 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted dates or stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Nut milk bag
- Blender or food processor
- Soak the almonds in water overnight
- Drain and rinse the almonds
- Add the almonds, water, dates, vanilla extract and sea salt in a high speed blender.
- Blend for 3 minutes until smooth
- Slowly strain the mixture through your nut milk bag over a large bowl, make sure to squeeze the bag to get as much liquid as possible
- Store the milk in an air tight glass jar (can last up to 5 days)
TIP: Make sure to keep the leftover pulp for baking! Just dehydrate in the oven and sub for flour in any recipe.