Healthy Lamington Slices by: Amalia Grierson
These lamingtons are vegan, pretty much raw & full of super healthy and natural ingredients! When creating this recipe, I tried to mimic the chocolate outer layer, the cake inner layer, and the raspberry jam in the middle using all healthy, nutrient dense foods. You won't even notice its a healthy treat! The best part - you don't have to feel guilty for having a second (or 10th!!)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup LSA
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup dates (or any dried fruit like dates, e.g.. apricots, peaches..)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste/vanilla bean/ vanilla essence
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 1 tbsp water
- In a food processor, blend all the dry ingredients until it's a flour consistency (will be a little grainy).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined - should be sticky and a little crumbly.
- Place the mixture into a rectangular container (approx. 6x9 inches) that is lined with baking paper. Press it down firmly and try your best to make it as level as possible. Place in the fridge as you make the next layer.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (measured solid)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/4 cup cacao butter (measured solid)
- 1.5 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- In a saucepan, melt together the butters and oil.
- Add this melted mixture to a food processor along with the desiccated coconut and coconut flour. Blend until smooth.
- Take your container out of the fridge and pour this coconut mixture on top - making sure it's level and flat. Place in the fridge for an hour or more.
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of your choice
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients above with a splash of water and bring to a light simmer. Once it's lightly boiling take it off the heat and place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Finish your slices by toping them with the raspberry jam. I pipped mine with a piping bag and also cut some of mine into squares and sandwiched them together to mimic a traditional lamington! Do whatever you like best or find easiest! ENJOY : )