Goat’s Cheese, Fig and Peach Summer Platter
Does anything scream summer louder than a fruit and cheese platter?
I think not.
I’m so excited to see two of my favourite fruits back on shelves - figs and peaches.
Ahhh figs. There’s nothing quite like biting into a lusciously sweet fig that has a chewy flesh, smooth skin and a crunchy seeded centre. While dried figs are delicious and widely available, they’re much higher in sugar and lower in water than their fresher counterparts. Both dried and fresh figs are super high in fiber and a great source of potassium to help lower blood pressure. Plus, they’re so beautiful – an Instagrammer’s dream fruit!
Do you know what makes me extra peachy? Peaches! They’re high in antioxidants which means they help combat free radicals to reduce our disease risk and oxidative damage. They’re also great for supporting the gut and helping move things along the digestive tract.
I’ve featured goat's cheese in this platter, because it's delicious and much easier to digest than many other cheeses. Goat's cheese is known to causes less inflammation in the body than regular cheese and is high in calcium and fatty acids! It also helps us absorb nutrients better than regular cow’s milk. I guess you could say it’s the big cheese.
Combining these three fresh ingredients, alongside a delicious dressing filled with gut-friendly apple cider vinegar, heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil and mouth-watering rice malt syrup makes for one heck of a platter!
- 4 cups mixed leaves
- 1/2 cup rocket
- 1 bunch Basil, leaves
- Bunch fresh mint, leaves
- 8 figs, washed stems removed and halved
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- Pimp my salad superseeded sprinkle mix
- 1 packet Goat’s cheese sliced
- 4 TBS EV olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Grab your serving bowl or platter
- Lay a bed of mixed leaves and rocket
- Top with figs, peaches, walnuts, goats cheese and super seeded sprinkle mix.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk
- Dress the salad and serve!