Gluten Free, Vegan Hot Cross Muffins
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN HOT CROSS MUFFINS
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 1 cup coconut flour + 1 tbsp extra for garnish
- 1 ¾ cup almond/coconut/rice milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax, 3 tbsp water)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup sultanas
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- Make your flax egg in a small bowl by soaking the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside.
- Blend oats in a blender or food processor until broken down to a flour.
- Combine oat flour, coconut flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and all spice, sea salt into a large bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix well.
- Gently fold through your sultanas.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and form to touch.
- When serving, drizzle with tahini in a cross.
- In a small bowl, stir tahini and maple syrup until smooth.
- Drizzle in a cross over the muffins.
- Sprinkle lightly with coconut flour using a tsp, or place flour into a shaker and shake overtop.