Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles
These chocolate coconut truffles are the perfect little sweet treat to share with your friends, family or to have just for yourself. They’re refined sugar free, gluten free, oil free. They’re also, gooey, easy to make, delicious and decadent. All the ingredients are avaliable at Sprout Market, which is an online hub filled with your favourite health foods at wholesale prices. Meaning that you can afford to get your favourite products delivered straight to your door, so you have more time to actually create some deliciousness in the kitchen.
These truffles are made with only 5 ingredients and in less than 30 minutes! How’s that for fast food that’s actually good for you!
- Packed with the sugary caramel goodness of dates, which are rich in essential minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc, just to name a few!
- Almonds contain your healthy fats for this recipes along with being a great source of vitamin E and protein. They’re also known to lower your cholesterol!
- With 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries, cacao has you covered.
- If you’re trying to go sugar-free, coconut syrup is the perfect replacement as it’s low in GI.
- Coconuts have a beautifully distinct tropical taste and they also support immune system health with their anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite properties.
So, I think we can agree that this little indulgence is also a healthy one.
These balls of goodness honestly taste like a truffle, and you could most definitely convince your non plant-based friends that you’re not missing out on the good stuff!
Perfect for an afternoon snack with a cup of tea, or even a new addition to your brunch spread or breakfast bowl, I think it’s time you get creating!
All you need is a food processor and a quite afternoon.
Enjoy friends, x
5-ingredient Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles loaded with vitamins, minerals and nutrients from whole plant foods. Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or just to enjoy when you please.
Course: afternoon tea, breakfast, brunch, dessert
In a large bowl, soak dates with warm water and let rest for at least 1 hour.
After an hour or so, drain dates - but keep the date water in a cup.
Add dates to a food processor and blend. Add a splash of date water as needed to blend well.
Add in almond butter and blend.
Add in shredded coconut and blend.
Scoop out blended mixture into a large bowl. Add in cacao powder and coconut syrup. Combine well.
In two seperate bowls, fill one with some coconut and one with cacao powder. (Optional). Roll mixture into bite size balls and roll with either coconut or cacao, placing them on a non-stick surface.
Store leftovers in a air-tight container for 1 week.