Choc Chip Peanut Butter Bars by: @run2food
Serves: 8 – 12 (depending on the size of your bar)
- ½ cup of dates, pitted & soaked
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of almond mylk
- Coconut oil – to coat your palms
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of rice bubbles
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup of vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chunks
1) Preheat the oven to 160 / 320 . Line a baking tray with baking paper
2) In a small food processor/blender, blend together the dates, peanut butter, maple syrup and almond mylk until a creamy mixture forms
3) In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice bubbles, flaxseed, protein powder and chocolate chunks. Mix well.
4) Lightly oat your palms with coconut oil. Add the wet mixture to the dry and knead together until a ‘dough’ forms.
5) Spread the dough out in a large rectangle shape on the lined baking tray. Cut into smaller bars
6) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy
7) Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
8) Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
Serving suggestions: dip it in your favourite nut butter!
They are crunchy for the first few hours after baking them, but then they become chewy and just like a CLIF bar. These would make the perfect delicious breakfast/snack on the go or before/after a workout! Dip these in more peanut butter for the ultimate experience!