Cauliflower and Raspberry Cheesecake by: Lee Holmes
This unusual combination will surprise you with its silky, sweet enchantment. Creamy cauli and bright pink raspberries are a pleasant pair-up; a perfect use of plant-based produce in delicious dessert form.
- 120 g (41/4 oz/3/4 cup) raw, unsalted cashews
- 65 g (21/4 oz/1 cup) shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut butter
- 310 g (11 oz/2 cups) raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 300 g (101/2 oz/11/2 cups) cooked cauliflower (about 1 small)
- 125 g (41/2 oz/1 cup) frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup, or 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 80 ml (21/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) coconut milk
- 60 g (21/4 oz/1/2 cup) fresh raspberries, for decorating
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with filtered water and soak for 2 hours. Drain.
- To make the base, place the cashews and shredded coconut in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Turn out onto a clean work surface and roll out into a dough. Press the dough evenly into a 16 cm (61/4 inch) cake tin and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients, except the fresh berries, in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour in the filling, using a spatula to smooth it over. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes, or the fridge for 1 hour, until set.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.
This will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge and 2 weeks in the freezer.
About These Ingredients
These kidney shaped nuts are lower in fat than other nuts and are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to assist the body function.
For a fructose-free vegan sweetener that is tasty and better for you
A natural sweetener that contains zero calories. It is extracted without the use of chemicals then carefully blended with distilled water and the most natural preservatives available.
Shredded Coconut is certified organic and sulphite free product that is a rich source of the antifungal and antimicrobial Lauric Acid, along with plenty of dietary fibre.
This Organic Coconut Butter is made from organic coconut meat, which is creamed, creating an aromatic textured paste. It is 100% natural - no bleaching, deodorising or emulsifying agents are used.