Cashew & Coconut Ice Cream
Cashew & coconut ice cream by: @chocdaisy
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked over night, then rinsed
- 1/2 can (135mil) coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut water with 2 tbsp g.f cornflour dissolved in it. (Or 1 tbsp arrowroot)
- 1 can coconut milk (270 mil)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 rice malt
- 2 dsp xylitol or extra rice malt
- Combine the coconut water & cornflour until smooth, set aside.
- Gently warm the 135mil coconut cream with salt, vanilla powder, rice malt and xylitol. Once it is nice and warm stir through the coconut water cornflour mixture and whisk to combine, cook until thick then set aside to cool.
- In a high powered blender add the soaked cashews, tin of coconut cream, and custard mix. Blend until smooth, taste to see if its sweet enough, you can always add a little more at this stage. Pop the blended mix into the fridge to cool. Once chilled pour into ice cream maker and churn till thick. You can add flavours like chopped chocolate or loving earth caramel chocolate or even chopped chocolate caramel almonds