Banana, Raspberry & Tahini Muffins
Banana, Raspberry and Tahini Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp LSA
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the plant-based milk with apple cider vinegar and LSA in a bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients - flour, meal, sea salt, baking soda and powder - in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a pan on the stove. Set aside.
- Mash together two bananas in a bowl, and stir through the coconut nectar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and milk mixture when ready.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and use a whisk to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with non-stick patties.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, there should be enough for 8-10 muffins.
- Drizzle each muffin with ½ tsp or so worth of tahini. Stir it through.
- Place 3-4 raspberries per muffin, and any additional sliced banana on top, pressing the fruit into the batter gently.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to touch. Check with a cake tester.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack before enjoying or allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to one week. Yummy!