Benefits of Golden Lattes
Turmeric. The herb thats been around for centuries. It’s the base spice of curries, but did you know there’s more to it then that golden colour? Ever since discovering turmeric shots whilst in Bali, I’ve been doing a little reading and found impressive reasons to be consuming it on the regular.
Turmeric is commonly known as the “magical herb with healing properties” and if you were to include it in your diet on a regular basis, I then believe you are just another step closer to achieving your optimal health. And if you don’t believe me, you can find over 6000 published peer-reviewed articles about the benefits of consuming turmeric here.
Curcumin is the chemical compound that gives turmeric it’s bright colour, and it is also the chemical that holds many of the benefits:
- It hold high anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce pain whether it be minor joint pain/muscle pain or the full on effects of arthritis.
- It can help balance your blood sugar levels for sufferers of diabetes
- It can kill unwanted bacteria such as nasty ones like E.coli
- It is a natural way to clean out your arteries from a build up of plaque
- It is high in antioxidants
- It is an immune booster as it contains the substance lipopolysaccharide, which stimulates the body’s immune system
- It can improve digestion has it helps stimulate the gallbladder
- It can prevent cancers from developing as it is one of the best protectors against radiation induced tumours
With so many benefits coming from such an accessible and extremely common herb, it’s time you actively include turmeric in your diet. You can supplement it, drink it in tea form or consume it within your foods. Whatever you choose, just make sure you add a dash of black pepper as when the chemical reaction between the two metabolises together, turmeric becomes 400% more potent resulting in optimal absorption.
One of my favourite new ways to add turmeric to my diet is golden turmeric lattes. Just a dash of a turmeric blend, some delicious hot plantbased milk of choice (almond is mine) and a comfy spot on the couch to enjoy.
I use the Golden Grind turmeric blend which I get from Sprout Market – a community that allows you to buy the best natural health foods at a discounted wholesale price. For more than 20% off the delicious blend, head to http://bit.ly/SproutMarket_lovelightandbananas. It’s the perfect blend of turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and of course black pepper.
So, spice up your mornings, or afternoons, or nights with a little bit of golden health magic. Your body will thank you in the long run.
Check out more health tips and colourful recipes from Mel on her website here