Benefits of Coconut Oil
For the past few years Coconut Oil has been making headway as one of the top oil choices for health conscious individuals and we know why. With its high resistance to heat it is great for cooking, but also particularly useful to have around the house for external purposes. We are so in love with it that we have over 5 brands of coconut oil for you to choose from.
Coconut oil will be your new best friend due to the versatility that just one bottle can provide you.
If you are not yet on board the coconut oil train we have provided 8 ways to use Coconut Oil:
- Oil Pulling: Coconut oil is an essential part of the Ayurvedic medicine practice. The practice is called oil pulling, where you swish around the slightly warmed oil first thing in the morning for 20 minutes and then spit it out to rid toxins and bad breath.
- Hydrating Moisturiser: Coconut oil is the perfect thing to put on right before bed as it allows time for your body to soak in all of the oils. It leaves your skin feeling soft and silky. Also a little goes a long way!
- Hair Serum/mask: Have dry hair? Rub a small amount of coconut oil in the palm of your hand before apply at the bottom of your hair for a leave-in hair mask. Best to do this before showering as it can make your hair change texture and leave it a bit greasy.
- Use it for a lip balm: Just rub a little bit on the outside of your lips for some extra hydration.
- To remove that stubborn mascara: Gently massage some oil around your eyes and remove with a warm face cloth. This works perfectly!
- Vegan friendly cooking: Sub coconut oil for butter when you are making baked goods.
- Add extra creaminess to smoothies: Adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to your morning smoothie not only adds great taste and texture, but it leaves you feeling fuller and adds in a healthy dose of fat.
- Ease Digestion: If you are having some tummy problems, incorporating more coconut oil in your diet may assist with this. The fatty acids found in the oil can have a soothing effect on the digestive tract.