Nutty Salted Cacao Granola by: @run2food
This granola is extremely chocolately, nutty and addictive. The sea salt helps to enhance the chocolate notes, but also compliments the sweetness perfectly. It makes the perfect topping on smoothie bowls served with berries and plant mylk, or just as a snack alone. It is an absolute hit with everyone and would make the perfect gift too.
- 1 ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of raw mixed nuts
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup of dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs
1) Preheat oven to 160 / 320. Line a large baking tray with non-stick paper
2) Roughly chop the raw nuts into chunks
3) In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
4) In a small saucepan on low heat, combine all the wet ingredients until a smooth sauce is formed
5) Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until the granola clumps together.
6) Spread the granola onto the lined tray.
7) Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the granola is nicely toasted.
8) Remove from oven and allow to cool. The granola will harden and become crunchier as it cools.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.